Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Mathematics
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  21-04-06 01:59

When I was a kid I was top of the class in maths. I was really good at mental arithmetic and doing sums. Things were easy back then. It was all addition and subtraction, multiplication and division. I knew my times tables like the back of my hand. Then, things got difficult when I was about 14. We had to learn stuff like algebra and geometry and lots of other stuff I can¡¯t remember the names of. Suddenly. I wasn¡¯t so good at maths any more. I think there were a few reasons for this. One was my maths teacher, another was because I sat at the back of the class, and another was I talked a lot. I still like maths and know I would be good at it again if I studied. I did statistics when I was at university and loved that.
* top of the class = ¹Ý¿¡¼­ ¼ö¼®/ mental arithmetic = ¾Ï»ê/ do sums = »ê¼ö¸¦ ÇÏ´Ù/ times table = ±¸±¸´Ü/ know ~ like the back of one's hand = ~À» ȯÈ÷[Àß, ÀÚ¼¼È÷, ¼Ó¼ÓµéÀÌ] ¾Ë°í ÀÖ´Ù/ algebra = ´ë¼öÇÐ/ geometry = ±âÇÏÇÐ/ statistics = Åë°èÇÐ/ at university = ´ëÇÐ ½ÃÀý¿¡  

* Áú¹® *

01. Did you like maths at school?
02. Were you good at maths at school?
03. Are girls or boys better at maths?
04. Would you like to study maths again?
05. Why is maths so important at schools?
06. Are you good at mental arithmetic now?
07. What is the philosophy of mathematics?
08. Are all intelligent people good at maths?
09. What do you know about the history of maths?
10. Are there times when two plus two equals five?
11. Do you know your times tables up to 12 times 12?
12. Did you have a favourite or a hated maths teacher?
13. Can you remember what your first real kiss was like?
14. How often do you use maths of some kind in a normal day?
15. Are people who are really good at maths very interesting?
16. How many different branches of mathematics do you know of?
17. What is maths useful for nowadays if we have computers and calculators?
18. What¡¯s most confusing to you: algebra, statistics, probability or chaos theory?