Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-114) Which has stronger influence on young adults: family vs. friends
¶ö¶ó  |  12-06-21 16:15

Some people think the family has the strongest influence on young adults. Other people think that friends have the most influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your position.

As children turn to teenagers they are influenced by many people and factors. While some people believe that family has the largest influence on young adults, others feel that friends have more influence on young adults. I believe that friends provide a stronger influence on young adults rather than family because of the amount of time spent with friends, and the fact that peer pressure can be one of the strongest influences that a young adult will face.
* turn to = µÇ´Ù / factor = ¿ä¼Ò / influence = ¿µÇâ / peer pressure = µ¿·áÁý´ÜÀ¸·ÎºÎÅÍ ¹Þ´Â »çȸÀû ¾Ð·Â, ¶Ç·¡Áý´ÜÀÌ ÁÖ´Â ¾Ð¹Ú°¨ / face = Á÷¸éÇÏ´Ù

First, young adults spend a lot of time with their friends. Young children spend the majority of their time with family unless they are in school, which means family exerts the greatest amount of influence. However, as children enter their teenage years, they tend to spend most of their free time outside the house with their friends. Whether fighting against parental influence and control or just trying to make friends, teenagers spend a great deal of time interacting with their peers as they develop their own sense of morals and values. For example, once I entered high school I often spent time away from home studying with friends at their house. After studying we switch to science experiments, which usually involved competitions to see whose homemade rocket would fly the highest. While maybe an uncommon hobby, we found our parents often did not encourage us to explore our interests in science and became more influenced by each other rather than our respective families.
* majority = °¡Àå ¸¹Àº ¼ö, ´Ù¼ö / unless = ~ÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀ¸¸é / exert = ¿µÇâ·ÂÀ» °¡ÇÏ´Ù, Çà»çÇÏ´Ù / tend to = ~ÇÏ´Â °æÇâÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù / parental influence = ºÎ¸ðÀÇ ¿µÇâ·Â / a great deal of time = ¸¹Àº ½Ã°£ / peer = µ¿·á, Ä£±¸ / sense of morals = µµ´ö½É / switch to = ~·Î ¹Ù²Ù´Ù / experiment = ½ÇÇè / competition = °æÀï / homemade = Áý¿¡¼­ ¸¸µç / uncommon = ÈçÇÏÁö ¾ÊÀº / explore = ŽÇèÇÏ´Ù, Ž±¸ÇÏ´Ù / respective = °¢°¢ÀÇ

Second, peer pressure can be one of the strongest influences that teenagers face. Most new experiences that young adults face are the end result of peer pressure. What one teenager thinks is ¡°cool¡± is forced on to others in order to fit in. For example, the first cigarette I tried was due to the pressure of a classmate in high school. Later in university, the first cocktail I tried was at the urging of classmate that discovered I had never been to the bar. While parents also encourage their children it is usually for an entirely different reason, not wanting their children to embarrass them. Peer pressure also continues to be a major influence, even into adult life.
* teenager = 10´ë, û¼Ò³â / in order to = ~Çϱâ À§Çؼ­ / fit in = ~¿Í ¾î¿ï¸®´Ù / cigarette = ´ã¹è / due to = ~¶§¹®¿¡ / cocktail = ĬÅ×ÀÏ / at the urging of = ~ÀÇ ÀçÃËÀ¸·Î / embarrass = ´çȲ½º·´°Ô ÇÏ´Ù, °ï¶õÇÏ°Ô ÇÏ´Ù 

In short, while family influences children the most, as children grow up and become young adults the strongest influences becomes their friends. Teenagers spend the majority of their time with friends, rather than family, so it is only natural that they are a stronger influence. Peer pressure also forces teenagers to try and fit in with their peers, an influence that is much stronger than family.
* In short = °£´ÜÈ÷ ¸»Çϸé