Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Speaking] ¡Ù Job Interview 017 - Who was your best boss and who was the worst? ¡Ù
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  16-10-31 18:36

"Back to the Basics = ±âº»[¿øÁ¡, ÃʽÉ]À¸·Î µ¹¾Æ°¡´Ù"
"Chance favors only the prepared mind = ±âȸ´Â ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ¿Â´Ù"
´©±¸¿¡°Ô³ª ±âȸ´Â ã¾Æ¿É´Ï´Ù. ÇÏÁö¸¸, ÁÖ¾îÁø ±âȸ¸¦ ÃÖ´ëÇÑ À¯¸®ÇÏ°Ô È°¿ëÇÏ´Â °ÍÀº
¿ÀÁ÷ ÁغñµÈ ÀÚ¿¡°Ô¸¸ ÁÖ¾îÁö´Â º¸»óÀÔ´Ï´Ù. ±×°Ô ¸éÁ¢ÀÌµç ¹«¾ùÀÎµç ´Ã ÃʽÉÀ» ÀÒÁö ¾Ê°í
»îÀÇ ¸Å ¼ø°£À» "ÀϱâÀÏȸ(ìéÑ¢ìéüå / ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ±âȸ, ´Ü ÇÑ ¹øÀÇ ¸¸³²)"·Î ¿©±ä´Ù¸é
¿©·¯ºÐÀº ÀÌ¹Ì ÃæºÐÇÑ º¸»óÀ» ¹ÞÀº »îÀ» »ì°Ô µÉ °ÍÀÔ´Ï´Ù.

1. Dress appropriately = ÀûÇÕÇÑ ÀÇ»óÀÇ Âø¿ë
2. Arrive in good time = ½Ã°£¿¡ ¸ÂÃç ÀÏÂï µµÂø
3. Body language = ¸öÁþ ¾ð¾îÀÇ È°¿ë
4. Expect the unexpected = ÀÇ¿ÜÀÇ Áú¹®À» ¿¹»ó
5. Ask questions = Áú¹®Çϱâ

¸éÁ¢ÀÇ ¸ðµç ´äÀº ¹Ýµå½Ã ¾Æ·¡ÀÇ »çÇ×À» °í·ÁÇÏ¿© ÁغñµÇ¾î¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
[³ª¸¦ Ç¥ÇöÇ϶ó! / ºñÀü°ú °¡´É¼ºÀ» Á¦½ÃÇ϶ó! / ³ª¸¦ ¼±ÅÃÇÏ°Ô Ç϶ó!]

A. Effective Action Verbs
¸éÁ¢¿¡¼­ Áß¿äÇÑ °ÍÀº ¿µÇâ·ÂÀÌ ÀÖ´Â ÇൿÀ¸·Î ³ªÅ¸³­ È¿°úÀûÀÎ µ¿»çÀÇ ÀûÀýÇÑ »ç¿ëÀÔ´Ï´Ù.
µÎ·ç¹¶¼úÇÏ°í ±¸Ã¼ÀûÀÌÁö ¸øÇÑ Åë»óÀûÀΠǥÁع®±¸¿Í °°Àº ´äÀº ÇÇÇÏ¼Å¾ß ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

1. decrease = ÁÙÀÌ´Ù, °¨¼Ò½ÃÅ°´Ù
Decreased inbound volume into help-desk support systems by more than 20 percent by expanding and refining
Comerica University program to encompass client base as well as internal associates, delivering Certified Equity
Edge Expert program that trained clients to utilize online tools.

2. define = Á¤ÀÇÇÏ´Ù, ±ÔÁ¤ÇÏ´Ù, ºÐ¸íÈ÷ ¹àÈ÷´Ù
Define world area budgeting, forecasting, revenue, and profitability objectives.

3. delight = ¸¹Àº ±â»ÝÀ» ÁÖ´Ù, ¾ÆÁÖ Áñ°Ì°Ô ÇÏ´Ù
Delighted management and employees by redesigning job descriptions, using a "Vision for Success" statement
to illustrate successful job performance.

B. ÀÎÅͺä Çʼö Ç¥Çö
´©±¸³ª ´Ù ¾Ë°í »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â ¸»ÀÌÁö¸¸, ´©±¸³ª ½±°Ô ±× Ç¥ÇöÀ» ÇÏÁö´Â ¸øÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
ÁÖ¾îÁø ½Ã°£ ¾È¿¡ ÀûÀýÇÑ °æ±¸(ÌíÏ£) ¶Ç´Â °£´Ü¸í·áÇѠǥÇöÀ» ÅëÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÌ ¸Å¿ì Áß¿äÇÕ´Ï´Ù.

17. ¸®´õ´Â ºÎÇϵéÀÌ ´É·ÂÀ» ÃÖ´ëÇÑ ¹ßÈÖÇÏ°Ô ÇØÁÙ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â »ç¶÷À̶ó°í »ý°¢ÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
I think a leader is someone who can get the most of his people.

C. ÇÙ½É Q&A

017 - Who was your best boss and who was the worst?
= Describe Your Best Boss and Worst Boss.

TIPS: Why the interviewer is asking this question: 
The interviewer is seeking to identify potential areas of concern with regard to either your ability to work under
authority or your ability to work well with others. It is a minefield question which can lead an interviewer into
the opportunity to rant about a bad boss from the past.

Strategy: While there may be aspects about different bosses which are less than ideal, it is important to only focus on
a singular quality, rather than the person. No ranting. And if you may have been blessed with great bosses throughout
your career, most practiced interviewers will not let you off the hook with a "no worst boss" answer. They will ask
which boss was the lesser boss and why. So be prepared to talk about a quality of one of your bosses which could
have brought out better results in you or your team.

BEST ANSWER: Every interviewer knows that there are bad bosses out there, and there's a very real possibility
that you just came from a company where you were dealing with Satan in boss form. However, do you think that
the interviewer wants to hear you bad-mouth that boss, no matter how bad he/she was? Absolutely not!

The truth is that the interviewer doesn't care about how good or bad your boss was in your last job or jobs.
What they want to see is how compatible you are with the style of management in their company, how you deal
with horrible bosses, and whether or not you're carrying a grudge.

Remember, the key to answering this question is to be positive.
The interviewer wants to see who you are, they don't care about how nasty your last boss was.

(1) I've learned something from every boss I've had. I have found that the great bosses help me to go further in my professional life, but the challenging bosses help me to learn what not to do in my personal and work life.

(2) I loved working with one of my bosses, as he helped to mentor me and offered invaluable advice. Obviously not all of my bosses were the same, but they all helped me progress in valuable ways.

(3) I¡¯ve been so lucky to have great bosses from whom I learned a lot. They all have had some characteristic or habit or knowledge that I¡¯ve been able to learn so much from.¡¯ Then, you can say something you learned from one boss in particular that touches directly on your fit for this job: maybe it¡¯s a skill or a habit or something that makes you extremely good at what you do.

(4)
Well, I wouldn't say that any boss was the ¡°worst¡±, as its natural for a manager and subordinate to have conflicts at times. But there was one who I thought would be my worst boss when we got off on the wrong foot. After about two years at my first job, I was assigned to report to a new manager. His management styles was very different from my first manager¡¯s, and it took some time to adjust. One manager was very hands on while the other was hands off, and each had different preferences for communicating and reporting information. After a few miscommunications with the new manager, I asked for a meeting to clear the air and go over his expectations and preferences. It was very helpful and we actually ended up working very well together after that.

(5) I have been fortunate to have a series of good to great bosses throughout my career. If I had to focus on the shortcoming of one of my bosses, it would have been my boss from [company A], who worked well with her direct reports, but was not equally respected by her peers or upper management. As such, she frequently had difficulty getting requests for timely technology upgrades needed for the team. She eventually moved on to another role internally which was more suited for her skills. She was a wonderful person, but she was simply in the wrong role at the time. The manager who followed her was better at enabling our team for success.