Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (HM-041) Doorbell, not car horn, is best way to announce arrival
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  17-08-06 04:15
Çѱ¹¾î·Î µÈ ¹®Á¦¸¦ º¸¸é¼­, ¿µ¾î·Î´Â ¾î¶»°Ô Ç¥ÇöÀÌ µÇ´ÂÁö¸¦ »ý°¢ÇØ º¸¼¼¿ä.
¿ø¾î¹ÎÀÇ Ç¥Çö°ú, Çѱ¹ »ç¶÷µéÀÌ ÈçÈ÷ »ý°¢ÇÒ ¼ö Àִ ǥÇöÀÇ Â÷À̸¦ º¸¸é¼­
»ì¾Æ Àִ ǥÇö, ¶Ñ·ÇÇÑ ÀÇ»ç Àü´ÞÀÇ ±â¼úÀ» ¹è¿ì½Ã±æ ¹Ù¶ø´Ï´Ù.

[Problem]

Ä£±¸°¡ ÀúÀÇ Áý ¾Õ¿¡¼­ Â÷¸¦ ¼¼¿ì°í °æÀûÀ» ¿ï¸®´Â °ÍÀ» ±×¸¸ µÎ¶ó°í ¼³µæÇϱâ À§ÇØ ¹«½¼ ¸»À» ÇØ¾ß ÇÒÁö ¸»¾¸ÇØ ÁÖ¼¼¿ä. Á¦°¡ µÎ ¹ø ±×·¸°Ô ÇÏÁö ¸»¶ó°í ´çºÎ¸¦ ÇßÁö¸¸ ±×´Â °è¼ÓÇÕ´Ï´Ù.
Please tell me what to say to persuade my friend to stop driving up in front of my house and honking his horn. I have asked him twice not to do it, but it continues.

±×¿¡°Ô´Â ±×°ÍÀÌ »ç¼ÒÇÑ ÀÏó·³ º¸ÀÏÁö ¸ð¸£Áö¸¸, ¸¶Ä¡ Á¦°¡ ´Þ·Á ³ª°¡¾ß ÇÒ °Íó·³ ±×°¡ ÀÚµ¿Â÷ °æÀûÀ» ¿ï¸®´Â °ÍÀº Àú¿¡°Ô ¹«·ÊÇÑ ÇൿÀ̶ó´Â »ý°¢ÀÌ µì´Ï´Ù. Á» ´õ ¿¹ÀÇ ¹Ù¸¥ Á¢±ÙÀº ÀüÈ­¸¦ °É¾î °¡±îÀÌ ¿Ô´Ù´Â ¸»À» Çϰųª, ±×°¡ µµÂøÇÒ ¶§ ÃÊÀÎÁ¾À» ¿ï¸®´Â °ÍÀÌ°ÚÁö¿ä. Á¦ »ý°¢ÀÌ ½Ã´ëÂø¿ÀÀûÀΰ¡¿ä? - ³ë½º ij·Ñ¶óÀ̳ª ÁÖ¿¡¼­ Á¸ÁßÀ» ±â´ëÇÏ´Â µ¶ÀÚ  
It may seem like a small thing to him, but I think it's disrespectful to me for him to toot his horn like I'm supposed to come running out. A more courteous approach would be to call me and say he's near, or to ring the doorbell when he arrives. Am I being old-fashioned? - EXPECTS RESPECT IN CHARLOTTE, N.C.

[Advice]

Á¸ÁßÀ» ±â´ëÇϽô µ¶ÀÚ´Ô²²: ¾Æ´¢. µ¶ÀÚ´Ô²²¼­ ÀÌ »ç¶÷¿¡°Ô ±×·± ÇൿÀ» ÇÏÁö ¸»¾Æ ´Þ¶ó°í ÇÑ ¹ø ÀÌ»ó ´çºÎÇϽŠ»ç½Ç¿¡ ºñÃß¾î, ±×´Â ¹«·ÊÇϱº¿ä. ´õ¿íÀÌ ¿îÀüÀÚ°¡ ÀÌ¿ô °ÅÁÖÁö¿¡¼­ ¹Ýº¹ÀûÀ¸·Î °æÀûÀ» ¿ï¸± ¶§, ±× ¼ÒÀ½Àº ÀÌ¿ô »ç¶÷µé¿¡°Ô ÁöÀåÀ» ÁÙ ¼ö ÀÖ¾î¿ä.   
DEAR EXPECTS: No. In light of the fact that you have asked this person more than once not to do this, he is rude. In addition, when a driver honks his or her horn repeatedly in a residential neighborhood, the noise can be disruptive to your neighbors.

[¾îÈÖ & Ç¥Çö]

* honk (Â÷·®) °æÀûÀ» ¿ï¸®´Ù (= if you honk the horn of a vehicle or if the horn honks, you make the horn produce a short loud sound) 
e.g.) Drivers honked their horns in solidarity with the peace marchers. ¿îÀü ±â»çµéÀÌ ÆòÈ­ ÇàÁøÀÚµé°ú ¿¬´ëÇÏ¿© °æÀûÀ» ¿ï·È´Ù.

* horn °æÀû(ÌíîÞ) (= on a vehicle such as a car, the horn is the device that makes a loud noise as a signal or warning) 
e.g.) 
Who the hell is honking their horn so loudly? ´©°¡ Àú·¸°Ô »§»§°Å¸®´Â °Å¾ß? 

* toot (ƯÈ÷ çÈ) (»§ ÇÏ°í ÀÚµ¿Â÷) °æÀûÀ» ¿ï¸®´Ù (= if you toot a horn, especially a car horn, or if it toots, it makes a short high sound) 
e.g.) Toot your horn to let them know we're here. °æÀûÀ» ¿ï·Á¼­ ±×µé¿¡°Ô ¿ì¸®°¡ µµÂøÇß´Ù´Â °É ¾Ë·Á
e.g.) the sound of horns tooting »§»§ ÇÏ´Â ÀÚµ¿Â÷ °æÀû ¼Ò¸®

* courteous °ø¼ÕÇÑ, Á¤ÁßÇÑ, ¿¹ÀÇ ¹Ù¸¥, ±ïµíÇÑ (= having good manners and respect for other people) 
e.g.) The taxi driver is very courteous to his customers. ±× Åýà ¿îÀü»ç´Â ¼Õ´Ôµé¿¡°Ô ¾ÆÁÖ °ø¼ÕÇÏ´Ù. 

* disruptive ÁöÀåÀ» ÁÖ´Â (= disruptive behavior prevents something from continuing in its usual way and causes trouble)
e.g.) She had a disruptive influence on the rest of the class. ±×³à´Â ÇбÞÀÇ ´Ù¸¥ Çлýµé¿¡°Ô ÁöÀåÀ» ÁÖ¾ú´Ù.