Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Gangs
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  18-07-15 12:01

Gangs are becoming a big problem in many countries around the world. We¡¯ve always had gangs, and they¡¯ve always created problems. Recently, things seem to be getting out of control. Gangs are taking over our streets. In many parts of South America, gangs kill because of drugs. In many parts of Europe, gangs hang around on street corners and hassle anyone who walks by. There¡¯s a lot of pressure for young people to join a gang. If a young person doesn¡¯t join a gang, they might be bullied at school. The government always says gangs are a problem, but they never do anything about it. I was in a gang when I was younger. It¡¯s scary when I look back on it. We used to have lots of fights and do many bad things. I never had a knife though. These days, gang members carry knives.
* get out of control = ¾ïÁ¦(Á¦¾î, ÅëÁ¦)ÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø°Ô µÇ´Ù/ take (sth) over = ~À» Àå¾Ç(Å»Ãë)ÇÏ´Ù; ÀμöÇÏ´Ù/ hang around ~ = ~¿¡¼­ ¼­¼º°Å¸®´Ù(ÀÚÁÖ µå³ªµé´Ù)/ hassle = µéºº´Ù, ÀçÃËÇÏ´Ù/ walk by ~ = ~À» Áö³ªÄ¡´Ù/ bully = ±«·ÓÈ÷´Ù, ¿Õµû½ÃÅ°´Ù, Çù¹ÚÇÏ´Ù/ look back on ~ = ~À» µÚµ¹¾Æº¸´Ù

* Áú¹® *

01. Why do people join gangs?
02. Have you ever belonged to a gang?
03. Is gang violence a problem in your society?
04. Are the street gangs in your country armed?
05. Are there any famous gang feuds in your town/country?
06. How would you describe the profile of an average gang member?
07. What kind of organized crime are gangs involved in your country?
08. Do gangs in your country form on the basis of color, religion and race?
09. What do you do when you see a gang of young people on the street?
10. How do Hollywood movies about gangs affect young children?