Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Gossip
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-04-01 10:02

I hate gossip. It really gets on my nerves. I really don¡¯t understand why people gossip about other people. My office is full of gossips. They have nothing better to do. Surely there are more important things to talk about. Gossip isn¡¯t true. That¡¯s why it¡¯s gossip. OK, it might be true, but who cares? Gossiping is dangerous. It can make perfectly nice people look bad. I¡¯m not sure if I¡¯ve been the subject of gossip. I¡¯m sure I wouldn¡¯t like it if I was. I have some friends who buy gossip magazines. They love celebrity gossip. That¡¯s even worse than office gossip. At least with office gossip you know the people. Any time someone comes to me to tell me the latest piece of ¡°juicy gossip¡± or ¡°hot gossip,¡± I tell them I¡¯m not interested.
* gossip = ¼Ò¹®, Çè´ã; ¼ö´Ù, ÇÑ´ã/ get on sb's nerves = ~ÀÇ ½Å°æÀ» °Çµå¸®´Ù, Â¥Áõ³ª°Ô ÇÏ´Ù/ subject of ~ = ~ÀÇ ´ë»ó/ celebrity = À¯¸í Àλç/ at least = Àû¾îµµ, ÃÖ¼ÒÇÑ/ juicy = Èï¹Ì·Î¿î, Àç¹ÌÀÖ´Â

* Áú¹® * 

01. How often do you hear gossip?
02. Are you interested in celebrity gossip?
03. Why do people gossip or like gossip?
04. Have you ever started any gossip?
05. Have you ever been the victim of gossip?
06. How quickly does gossip spread in your school / workplace?
07. What are the most common subjects of gossip?
08. What is the most malicious piece of gossip you¡¯ve ever heard?
09. Do you read gossip columns in magazines? Why are these so popular?
10. How do you feel if people gossip about you?
11. What¡¯s the difference between gossip and a rumour?
12. Why do you think gossip is sometimes ¡®hot¡¯ and sometimes ¡®juicy¡¯?
13. Do you think it¡¯s right that gossip columnists can make a lot of money writing bad things 
about people that may not be true?
14. Eleanor Roosevelt said: ¡°Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; 
small minds discuss people.¡± Is this true?