Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Halloween
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-06-04 10:07

I¡¯m English so I don¡¯t know a lot about Halloween. I knew from when I was a kid that it was an American thing that involved pumpkins. Then I found out about trick or treat and wearing costumes. I loved the idea of dressing up in scary costumes and walking around the streets. Another early memory I have is watching the horror movie ¡®Halloween¡¯ round my friend¡¯s house on video. I remember being scared to walk back home that night. The first time I took part in Halloween was at a school party in Japan. I shaved my head, covered it in white face paint and wrapped myself from head to toe in toilet paper. Riding a train to Osaka for the party dressed as a mummy was great fun. I still need to find out more about the history of Halloween though.
* involve = ¼ö¹Ý(Æ÷ÇÔ)ÇÏ´Ù/ find out (about sb/sth) = (~¿¡ ´ëÇØ/~À») ¾Ë°Ô µÇ´Ù/ trick or treat = °úÀÚ¸¦ ¾È ÁÖ¸é Àå³­Ä¥ °Å¿¹¿ä(¾ÆÀ̵éÀÌ ÇÏ´Â ¸»)/ costume = ÀÇ»ó(º¹Àå)/ dress up = º¯ÀåÀ» ÇÏ´Ù; ¿ÊÀ» °®Ãç ÀÔ´Ù/ take part in ~ = ~¿¡ Âü¿©(Âü°¡)ÇÏ´Ù/ wrap = ½Î´Ù(µÑ·¯½Î´Ù); Æ÷ÀåÇÏ´Ù/ from head to toe = ¸Ó¸®³¡¿¡¼­ ¹ß³¡±îÁö/ toilet paper = È­Àå½Ç¿ë ÈÞÁö/ mummy = ¹Ì¶ó

* Áú¹® * 

01. How did Halloween get its name?
02. What¡¯s the best Halloween movie you¡¯ve seen?
03. What are the best Halloween games?
04. What is the best Halloween food?
05. How old is too old to go trick-or-treating?
06. How does Halloween affect American culture?
07. What do pumpkins have to do with Halloween?
08. Why do people trick-or-treat on Halloween?
09. What do you know about the history of Halloween?
10. What do you think is the best costume for Halloween?
11. What do you think the black and orange colors of Halloween mean?
12. Do you think Halloween was better a few decades ago or is it better now?
13. What would an alien think of humans if it came to Earth and saw Halloween?
14. Do you think it¡¯s dangerous for children to go trick-or-treating?
15. Do you think it¡¯s dangerous these days to open your door to a trick-or-treater?