Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Misc] (HL-20210103~20210109) Weekly Headlines Review
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  21-01-03 09:07

(1)  "Write 2 Speak Àüü ¸ñ·Ï & ¸ðµç ÄÜÅÙÃ÷"¸¦ º¸½Ã·Á¸é "Write 2 Speak = À¯Æ©ºê ä³Î"¿¡ 
°¡ÀÔ(subscribe - Ŭ¸¯)ÈÄ "º»ÀÎÀÇ À¯Æ©ºê ID & Write2Speak µî·Ï ID"¸¦ "write2speak@daum.net"·Î 
À̸ÞÀÏ·Î º¸³» Áֽøé È®ÀÎ ÈÄ º» »çÀÌÆ® Á¤È¸¿øÀ¸·Î µî±ÞµË´Ï´Ù. ¸¹Àº ½Åû ±â´Ù¸®°Ú½À´Ï´Ù.

(2) Âü°í·Î, "Write 2 Speak"¿¡ ¿Ã¶ó¿À´Â À¯Æ©ºê contents´Â Á¤±âÀûÀ¸·Î »èÁ¦°¡ µÇ¸ç, "Àüü ³»¿ë"À» º¸½Ã·Á¸é 
À§¿¡ ÀýÂ÷¸¦ µû¶ó¾ß¸¸ "Write 2 Speak -> ÀÚ·á½Ç(Ŭ¸¯)"¿µ¿ª¿¡¼­ ¸ðµç ³»¿ëÀ» ´Ù½Ã º¼ ¼ö ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.
****************************************************************************************
!!! A state-by-state breakdown of US coronavirus cases !!!
===================================================================

(1) 01022021 - Cruz leads 11 GOP senators challenging Biden win over Trump

A coalition of 11 Republican senators announced Saturday it will challenge the outcome of the presidential election by voting to reject electors from some states when Congress meets next week to certify the Electoral College results that confirmed President-elect Joe Biden won. President Donald Trump¡¯s extraordinary refusal to accept his election defeat and the effort to subvert the will of the voters has become a defining moment for Republicans and is tearing the party apart. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has urged Republican not to try to overturn the election. The 11 senators, led by Ted Cruz of Texas, said they will vote against certain state electors unless Congress appoints an electoral commission to immediately conduct an audit of the election results. They acknowledged they are unlikely to change the results of the election. ¡°We intend to vote on January 6 to reject the electors from disputed states as not ¡®regularly given¡¯ and ¡®lawfully certified¡¯ (the statutory requisite), unless and until that emergency 10-day audit is completed,¡± they wrote in the statement.

(2) 01022021 - California funeral homes run out of space as COVID-19 rages

As communities across the country feel the pain of a surge in coronavirus cases, funeral homes in the hot spot of Southern California say they must turn away grieving families as they run out of space for the bodies piling up. The head of the state funeral directors association says mortuaries are being inundated as the United States nears a grim tally of 350,000 COVID-19 deaths. More than 20 million people in the country have been infected, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. ¡°I¡¯ve been in the funeral industry for 40 years and never in my life did I think that this could happen, that I¡¯d have to tell a family, ¡®No, we can¡¯t take your family member,¡¯¡± said Magda Maldonado, owner of Continental Funeral Home in Los Angeles. Continental is averaging about 30 body removals a day — six times its normal rate. Mortuary owners are calling one another to see whether anyone can handle overflow, and the answer is always the same: They¡¯re full, too. In order to keep up with the flood of bodies, Maldonado has rented extra 50-foot (15-meter) refrigerators for two of the four facilities she runs in LA and surrounding counties. Continental has also been delaying pickups at hospitals for a day or two while they deal with residential clients.

(3) 01062021 - ¡®Only in America¡¯- Warnock¡¯s rise from poverty to US senator

The Rev. Raphael Warnock¡¯s roots showed little promise of a future that led to the U.S. Senate. He grew up in Savannah in the Kayton Homes public housing project, the second youngest of 12 children. His mother as a teenager had worked as a sharecropper picking cotton and tobacco. His father was a preacher who also made money hauling old cars to a local scrapyard. ¡°My daddy used to wake me up every morning at dawn,¡± Warnock told a hometown crowd at a drive-in rally two days before his election Tuesday. ¡°He said, `Boy, you can¡¯t sleep late in my house. Get up, get dressed, put your shoes on. Get ready.¡¯¡± Pushed by his parents to work hard, Warnock left Savannah and became the first member of his family to graduate from college, helped by Pell grants and low-interest student loans. He earned a Ph.D. in theology that led to a career in the pulpit, eventually as head pastor of the Atlanta church where the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. preached. Now Warnock, 51, will go to Washington as the first Black senator elected from Georgia, a Southern state still grappling with its painful history of slavery, segregation and racial injustice. ¡°Only in America is my story even possible,¡± Warnock told the cheering drive-in crowd Sunday.