Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Misc] (HL-20210207~20210213) Weekly Headlines Review
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  21-02-06 20:09

(1)  "Write 2 Speak Àüü ¸ñ·Ï & ¸ðµç ÄÜÅÙÃ÷"¸¦ º¸½Ã·Á¸é "Write 2 Speak = À¯Æ©ºê ä³Î"¿¡ 
°¡ÀÔ(subscribe - Ŭ¸¯)ÈÄ "º»ÀÎÀÇ À¯Æ©ºê ID & Write2Speak µî·Ï ID"¸¦ "write2speak@daum.net"·Î 
À̸ÞÀÏ·Î º¸³» Áֽøé È®ÀÎ ÈÄ º» »çÀÌÆ® Á¤È¸¿øÀ¸·Î µî±ÞµË´Ï´Ù. ¸¹Àº ½Åû ±â´Ù¸®°Ú½À´Ï´Ù.

(2) Âü°í·Î, "Write 2 Speak"¿¡ ¿Ã¶ó¿À´Â À¯Æ©ºê contents´Â Á¤±âÀûÀ¸·Î »èÁ¦°¡ µÇ¸ç, "Àüü ³»¿ë"À» º¸½Ã·Á¸é 
À§¿¡ ÀýÂ÷¸¦ µû¶ó¾ß¸¸ "Write 2 Speak -> ÀÚ·á½Ç(Ŭ¸¯)"¿µ¿ª¿¡¼­ ¸ðµç ³»¿ëÀ» ´Ù½Ã º¼ ¼ö ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù.
****************************************************************************************
!!! A state-by-state breakdown of US coronavirus cases !!!
****************************************************************************************

(1) 02052021 - Biden wants fast COVID aid, but minimum wage hike in doubt

President Joe Biden laid out his case Friday for moving fast to pass $1.9 trillion in coronavirus relief, but even as he opened the door to proceeding without Republicans, he conceded that a key element of his plan — hiking the minimum wage to $15 per hour — was unlikely to become law. The stakes for the county and economy were amplified Friday morning by the release of the government¡¯s jobs report for January, which showed that hiring had stalled to a pace that could hinder a return to full employment for several years. Some 406,000 people left the labor force last month as deaths from the pandemic have surged. ¡°A lot of folks are losing hope,¡± Biden said in a speech at the White House. ¡°I believe the American people are looking right now to their government for help, to do our job, to not let them down. So I¡¯m going to act. I¡¯m going to act fast. I¡¯d like to be doing it with the support of Republicans ... they¡¯re just not willing to go as far as I think we have to go.¡±
* be in doubt = Àǽɽº·´´Ù[ºÒÈ®½ÇÇÏ´Ù]/ lay out = (°èȹ, ÁÖÀå µîÀ» Àß Á¤¸®ÇÏ¿©) Á¦½ÃÇÏ´Ù/ concede = (¹«¾ùÀÌ ¿Ç°Å³ª ³í¸®ÀûÀÓÀ») ÀÎÁ¤ÇÏ´Ù[¼ö±àÇÏ´Ù]; (ƯÈ÷ ¸¶Áö¸øÇØ) ³»ÁÖ´Ù[Çã¶ôÇÏ´Ù]; (Æй踦) ÀÎÁ¤ÇÏ´Ù 

(2) 02072021 - In pandemic, more people choose to die at home

Mortuary owner Brian Simmons has been making more trips to homes to pick up bodies to be cremated and embalmed since the pandemic hit. With COVID-19 devastating communities in Missouri, his two-person crews regularly arrive at homes in the Springfield area and remove bodies of people who decided to die at home rather than spend their final days in a nursing home or hospital where family visitations were prohibited during the pandemic. He understands all too well why people are choosing to die at home: His own 49-year-old daughter succumbed to the coronavirus just before Christmas at a Springfield hospital, where the family only got phone updates as her condition deteriorated.
mortuary = (º´¿ø µîÀÇ) ¿µ¾È½Ç, ¾ÈÄ¡½Ç, ºó¼Ò/ succumb to ~ = ~¿¡ ±¼º¹ÇÏ´Ù, ¹«¸­À» ²Ý´Ù

(3) 02102021 - Trump accused as ¡®inciter in chief¡¯ of Capitol insurrection

Prosecutors in Donald Trump¡¯s impeachment trial said Wednesday they would prove that Trump was no ¡°innocent bystander¡± but the ¡°inciter in chief¡± of the deadly attack at the Capitol aimed at overturning his election loss to Joe Biden. Opening the first full day of arguments, the lead House prosecutor promised to lay out evidence that shows the president encouraged a rally crowd to head to the Capitol, then did nothing to stem the violence and watched with ¡°glee¡± as a mob stormed the iconic building. Five people died.
* stem = (n) (½Ä¹°ÀÇ) ÁÙ±â (v) (È帧À») ¸·´Ù[ÀúÁöÇÏ´Ù]/ accuse sb of sth = ~¸¦ ~¶ó´Â ÀÌÀ¯·Î °í¼Ò[ºñÆÇ, ºñ³­]ÇÏ´Ù