Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-119) Do different clothes influence the way people behave?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-06-26 13:11

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer.

Though clothes have the practical purpose of covering our bodies, they have come to take on very complicated images that may affect a person¡¯s behavior. I believe that in many cases people do behave differently, depending on the clothes they are wearing. I believe this because when people wear certain clothes, they behave in a specific way and because people will try to live up to the expectations of others depending on what they are wearing.
* practical purpose = ½Ç¿ëÀûÀÎ ¸ñÀû / complicated = º¹ÀâÇÑ / depend on = ~¿¡ ÀÇÁ¸ÇÏ´Ù, ÀÇÀÚÇÏ´Ù / certain = ¾î¶², ƯÁ¤ÇÑ / expectation = ±â´ë

First of all, when people wear uniforms, they behave differently because the uniforms encourage or demand certain behaviors. For example, soldiers who walk around in public wearing their uniforms seem to act more respectful and more in control of their actions. I do not think that every soldier is well-mannered all the time, so it must have something to do with the clothes. It must be because soldiers look clean cut and professional, and that look brings that sort of behavior out of them. I am sure that when they are dressed casually at home or out with their friends, they do not act like that. However, once they put on their uniforms, the persona of a soldier takes over in order for their personality to match their clothes.
* encourage = ¿ë±â¸¦ ºÏµ¸¿ì´Ù / soldier = ±ºÀÎ / in public = »ç¶÷µéÀÌ Àִµ¥¼­, °ø°øÀå¼Ò / uniform = Á¦º¹, À¯´ÏÆû / respectful = Á¸°æ½ÉÀ» Ç¥ÇÏ´Â, °æÀǸ¦ Ç¥ÇÏ´Â / in control of = ~À» °ü¸®ÇÏ´Ù, Á¦¾îÇÏ´Ù / well-mannered  = ¿¹Àý¹Ù¸¥, Á¤ÁßÇÑ / have something to do with = ~¿Í °ü·ÃÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù / professional = Àü¹®ÀûÀÎ / casually = ¾à½ÄÀ¸·Î, ijÁÖ¾óÇÏ°Ô / put on = ÀÔ´Ù / persona = ¸ð½À

Furthermore, people do behave differently, depending on the clothes they are wearing in order to perform up to the expectations of others. Take a bride in a wedding gown for instance. A wedding is an occasion that requires the bride to act more dignified than she usually might. The average women wearing her normal casual clothes does not act nearly as elegant or sophisticated as when she is wearing a wedding gown. Thus, the wedding dress which symbolizes the occasion calls for more dignified behavior. If the bride acts as she normally does, maybe people will frown upon that behavior, even though it is ok at any other time. While the bride is wearing the wedding dress, she is expected to act like a bride.
* bride = ½ÅºÎ / wedding gown = ¿þµùµå·¹½º / occasion = Çà»ç, ÀǽÄ, ÃàÇÏ / dignified = À§¾öÀÖ´Â, Ç°À§ÀÖ´Â / elegant = ¿ì¾ÆÇÑ, Ç°°ÝÀÖ´Â / sophisticated = ¼¼·ÃµÈ, ±³¾çÀÖ´Â, ¼öÁسôÀº, ÁöÀûÀÎ / symbolize = »ó¡ÇÏ´Ù / call for = ~¸¦ ÇÊ¿ä·Î ÇÏ´Ù / frown = ¾ó±¼, ´«»ìÀ» ÂîǪ¸®´Ù

In conclusion, I do believe that people change their behavior to match what they are wearing. Men and women wearing uniforms tend to act more calm and respectful when they are in public, and a woman in a wedding dress plays the part of being elegant because it is expected of her. Such behavior is caused by the types of clothing they are wearing and when they are dressed more casually, they probably act differently.
* match = ÀÏÄ¡ÇÏ´Ù / behavior = Çൿ