Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-128) Should physical exercise be a required part of every school day?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-07-09 19:05

Some people say that physical exercise should be a required part of every school day. Other people believe that students should spend the whole school day on academic studies. Which opinion do you agree with? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

With advancements in technology, physical exertion is no longer a daily requirement from most people. Because of this fact, there is a controversy concerning whether or not physical exercise should be a required part of every school day. There is one side that believes that schools should concentrate on only academics. However, I believe that exercise should be mandatory because it keeps students healthy for studying and teaches students important social skills that they will need later in life.
* advancement = ¹ßÀü, Áøº¸ / physical exertion = °Ý·ÄÇÑ ½Åü ¿îµ¿, È°µ¿ / daily requirement = ÀÏÀÏ ÃÖÀú ÇÊ¿ä¿­·®(üÀ°ÇÐ) / controversy = ³íÀï, Åä·Ð / concentrate on = ÁýÁßÇÏ´Ù /  academics = Çй®, Çо÷ / mandatory = °­Á¦ÀûÀÎ, ÇʼöÀûÀÎ / social skill = »çȸ¼º ±â¼ú

To begin with, physical exercise enables students to continue studying because exercise promotes physical and emotional health. Sitting at a desk doing schoolwork all day will eventually lead to a weak body, which leads to a weak mind. When I was a high school student, I was under a lot of pressure to get good grades, so I spent most of my days sitting and studying. After long periods of inactivity, my physical condition started to weaken and I started to catch colds easily. My school nurse recommended exercise to help strengthen my immune system, so I started to spend an hour a day running on a treadmill or swimming laps in the school swimming pool. Gradually, my body became stronger, which allowed me to study more effectively. Therefore, regular exercise in school can enhance physical health and allow students to continue their studies better than before.
* physical exercise = üÁ¶ ¿îµ¿, À°Ã¼Àû ¿îµ¿ / promote = ÃËÁøÇÏ´Ù / emotional health = Á¤½Å °Ç°­ / schoolwork = Çо÷, Çб³ °øºÎ / eventually = °á±¹, ¸¶Ä§³» / pressure = ¾Ð¹Ú / inactivity = ¹«È°µ¿, Á¤Áö / catch a cold = °¨±â¿¡ °É¸®´Ù / recommend = ÃßõÇÏ´Ù / strengthen = °­ÇÏ°Ô ÇÏ´Ù, Æ°Æ°ÇÏ°Ô ÇÏ´Ù / immune system = ¸é¿ª ü°è / treadmill = ·¯´×¸Ó½Å / gradually = Á¡Â÷ÀûÀ¸·Î / effectively = È¿°úÀûÀ¸·Î / regular exercise = Á¤±âÀûÀÎ, ±ÔÄ¢ÀûÀÎ ¿îµ¿ / enhance = °­È­ÇÏ´Ù, ´Ã¸®´Ù / physical health = À°Ã¼Àû °Ç°­

Additionally, social skills that will help students out later in life are secondary lessons learned from physical education. Academic knowledge is essential for success in the world today, but it is far from everything needed. Social skills are also an important part of education. When students play team sports, like baseball or soccer, they learn to develop a sense of responsibility and how to cooperate with others. On a team, each player has a role to play in order to win a game. If players do not take responsibility for their role and cooperate with others, there is no hope that their team can win. These skills learned from team sports will be needed later in life. Making a living in today¡¯s society requires us to be able to deal with people in various situations throughout the day, so the social skills learned through physical activities are helpful even outside the activity.
* secondary = ÀÌÂ÷ÀûÀÎ, ºÎÂ÷ÀûÀÎ / physical education = üÀ° / aademic knowledge = Çо÷Àû Áö½Ä / essential = ÇʼöÀûÀÎ / a sense of responsibility = Ã¥ÀÓ°¨ / cooperate = Çù·ÂÇÏ´Ù, Çùµ¿ÇÏ´Ù

To sum up, physical exercise should be made a part of the daily school curriculum because it is necessary for students to maintain the physical and mental strength to study and to develop the social skills they will need later. Even though academics are the primary duty of students, emphasizing only academics will not produce people that are both physically and socially healthy.
* daily school curriculum = ÀÏÀÏ ±³°ú °úÁ¤ / maintain = À¯ÁöÇÏ´Ù, ÁöÅÊÇÏ´Ù / mental strength = Á¤½Å·Â / primary duty = ±âº»ÀûÀÎ Àǹ« / emphasize = °­Á¶ÇÏ´Ù