Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-135) Is playing a game fun only when you win?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-07-15 19:46

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a game is fun only when you win. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Games will always have winners and losers, making the value of a game the entertainment value. Even in defeat players will learn lessons of what they did wrong or what not to do next time. One additional consideration is the purpose of the players. Not everyone will be out to be the best, people just might want to relax and unwind after a long day. For these reasons, I think whether or not a game is fun has nothing to do with winning.
* winner = ½Â¸®ÀÚ / loser = ½ÇÆÐÀÚ, ÆйèÀÚ / defeat = Æйè / lesson = ±³ÈÆ / purpose = ¸ñÀû / unwind = Ç®´Ù, Ç®¸®´Ù

Firstly, even in defeat players will get lessons. Consider the saying "Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it." This means that losers need to look back at their previous experiences in order to improve both their skills and the chance of doing better next time. For example, the players might need additional experience with various skills required by the game. Furthermore, people can gain additional self-esteem from practicing harder and knowing their abilities have improved.
* saying = ¸», °Ý¾ð, ¼Ó´ã / ignore = ¹«½ÃÇÏ´Ù / be doomed to = ~ÇÏ°Ô ¸¶·ÃÀÌ´Ù (=be destined to) / look back = µÇµ¹¾Æº¸´Ù / previous = ÀÌÀüÀÇ / self-esteem = ÀںνÉ

Secondly, not all players will play games for the same purpose. Everyone has their own reasons for playing games. Reasons can range from wanting to be the best to simply relaxing after a long day. While I am an avid gamer, my purpose in playing computer games has been to relax, unwind and learn about how the technology behind the game worked. Learning about the technology was generally more fascinating than the game itself. Playing games was also an excellent of meeting friends with similar interests. While we would hold competitions to see who won, the actual competition would always be who knew enough about the structure and technology behind the game to make an undetectable  cheat code.
* range from A to B = ¹üÀ§°¡ A¿¡¼­ B¿¡ À̸£´Ù / avid = ¿­±¤ÀûÀÎ, ¿­½ÉÀÎ / fascinating = ¸Å·ÂÀûÀÎ, ȲȦÄÉÇÏ´Â / competition = °æ±â, ´ëȸ, ½ÃÇÕ / undetectable = ã¾Æ³¾ ¼ö ¾ø´Â, ŽÁöÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø´Â / cheat code = Ä¡Æ® Å°

In brief, losers may be disappointed with themselves and winners may brag and boast, but the actual value of a game is in the entertainment it provides. Games offer people an easy way to relax after a long day at work or getting yelled at by the boss. Given all the different purposes people may have for playing games, I think playing a game is enjoyable regardless of winning or losing.
* In brief = °£´ÜÈ÷ ¸»Çؼ­, °£·«ÇÏ°Ô / be disappointed with = ~¿¡ ½Ç¸ÁÇÏ´Ù / brag(=boast)  = ÀÚ¶ûÇÏ´Ù, »Ë³»´Ù / actual value = ½ÇÁ¦ °¡Ä¡ / yell = °íÇÔÄ¡´Ù, ¼Ò¸®Áö¸£´Ù / regardless of = ~¿¡ »ó°ü¾øÀÌ