Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-142) Would you prefer to live in a tradition house or in a modern apartment building?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-07-22 12:13

Would you prefer to live in a tradition house or in a modern apartment building? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

People normally have a choice in regards to what kind of housing they want to live in. Many people these days prefer to live in a modern-style apartment building. On the other hand, some people still prefer to live in a traditional-style house. In my case, I would prefer to live in a modern apartment building because of convenience and safety.
* normally = º¸Åë, °ü½ÀÀûÀ¸·Î / in regards to = ~¿¡ °üÇؼ­ / housing = ÁÖÅà / modern-style = Çö´ë½ÄÀÇ / traditional-style = ÀüÅë½ÄÀÇ / convenience = Æí¸®ÇÔ

First of all, in terms of convenience, apartment buildings are much better than houses. During my life, I have had the chance to live in both apartments and houses and I find the apartments to be more convenient. For example, when I was young, I lived in a house with my family and every weekend was spent doing some kind of chore around the house. We had to cut the grass, plant flowerbeds, pick up sticks from trees and sweep the sidewalk. However, when you are living in an apartment building, all of that work is eliminated because there are people who are paid to keep up the grounds around an apartment building. A lot of chores at apartment buildings are taken care of by the building management. It allows the residents to have more free time to enjoy their lives.
* in terms of = ~¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­, ~¿¡ °üÇؼ­ / spend v-ing = vÇϴµ¥ (½Ã°£,µ·)À» ¾²´Ù / chore = Áý¾ÈÀÏ, Çãµå·¿ÀÏ, ÀâÀÏ / grass = Àܵð, Ç® / flowerbed = È­´Ü / sweep = ¾µ´Ù / sidewalk = Àεµ, º¸µµ / eliminate = Á¦°ÅÇÏ´Ù / take care of = µ¹º¸´Ù, ÁÖÀÇÇÏ´Ù / building management = = À§Å¹ °ü¸®, °ÇÃà°æ¿µ / resident = °ÅÁÖÀÚ

In addition, living in an apartment building is much safer than living in a traditional house. Living in an apartment building is a little bit like living in a small town where most residents know the neighbors; thus a criminal is likely to be noticed and reported. For example, when people see a stranger hanging around, they are suspicious and are bound to ask questions or inform the building staff about the stranger. In that way, people are looking out for each other, and this causes a deterrent to crime. Moreover, modern apartment buildings are installed with other features that enhance the safety of the residents. They have security cameras, electronic locks, fire alarms and full-time security guards. However, houses are very insecure and are constantly in danger of being burglarized, vandalized or burned down through carelessness.
* criminal = ¹üÁËÀÚ, ¹üÀÎ / notice = ÀÎÁöÇÏ´Ù, ¾Ë¾ÆÂ÷¸®´Ù / stranger = ³¸¼± »ç¶÷ / hang around = µ¹¾Æ´Ù´Ï´Ù, ¹èȸÇÏ´Ù, ¼­¼ºÀÌ´Ù / suspicious = Àǽɽº·¯¿î, ¼ö»ó½Àº / be bound to = ¹Ýµå½Ã ~ÇÏ´Ù, Àǹ«°¡ ÀÖ´Ù / inform = ¾Ë¸®´Ù, ÅëÁöÇÏ´Ù / look out = ¸Áº¸´Ù, ¸Áº¸±â / deterrent = Á¦ÁöÇÏ´Â °Í / be installed with = ¼³Ä¡µÇ´Ù / enhance = °­È­ÇÏ´Ù, Áõ°¡½ÃÅ°´Ù / security camera = °¨½Ã Ä«¸Þ¶ó, º¸¾È Ä«¸Þ¶ó / fire alarm = È­Àç °æº¸±â / security guard = °æºñ¿ø, º¸¾È ¿ä¿ø / insecure = ºÒ¾ÈÀüÇÑ / be in danger of = ~ÇÒ À§ÇèÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù / burglarize = ħÀÔÇÏ¿© µµµÏÁúÇÏ´Ù, ÁýÀ» Åд٠/ vandalize = Æı«ÇÏ´Ù / carelessness = ºÎÁÖÀÇ

It would be nice to live in a big, wonderful house if they were more convenient and safer. However, in reality, modern apartment buildings provide more convenience in that we do not have to work around the building. They are also much safer from fire and thieves. These two factors will make living more comfortable and enjoyable.
* in that = ~¶ó´Â Á¡¿¡¼­ / factor = ¿ä¼Ò / comfortable = Æí¾ÈÇÑ, ¾È¶ôÇÑ