Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-144 ) Which do you prefer: outside vs. inside for you leisure activities?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-07-25 22:17

Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.

People have two main preferences as to where they choose to spend their free time. Some people prefer to spend their time outdoors while other people prefer to stay inside doing leisure activities. They both surely have their advantages and disadvantages, but I would prefer to spend my time outdoors because being outside is more fun for my lifestyle, and it is also more beneficial for my health.
* preference = ¼±È£, ¼±Åà / free time = ÀÚÀ¯ ½Ã°£ / outdoor = ¾ß¿Ü, ¿Á¿Ü / leisure activities = ¿©°¡ È°µ¿ / beneficial = À¯ÀÍÇÑ, À¯¸®ÇÑ

Most importantly, spending free time outdoors is more fun than spending time indoors. I am a very physically active person. Sitting indoors is very boring for me because there is no real physical activity. If I go outside, there are many different things that I can do to satisfy my active lifestyle. Take swimming for example. If I go swimming outdoors, I can choose between swimming in lakes, rivers or the ocean. However, if I go swimming indoors, I can only do laps with lots of people behind and in front of me. Thus, I can enjoy all of the fun of swimming outdoors. In addition, in the winter, I like to go skiing. This is an activity that is almost impossible for me to do indoors. There is nothing like the freedom of skiing full speed down the side of a beautiful mountain. There is no activity done indoors that can begin to compare with that.
* physical activity = ½Åü È°µ¿ / satisfy = ¸¸Á·½ÃÅ°´Ù, ÃæÁ·½ÃÅ°´Ù / active lifestyle = È°µ¿ÀûÀÎ »ýÈ° / lake = È£¼ö / ocean = Çؾç, ´ë¾ç / freedom = ÀÚÀ¯ / compare = ºñ±³ÇÏ´Ù

Furthermore, not enough can be said about the health benefits of doing activities outdoors. When you spend all of your time inside, you are not only sitting still, but also not getting any fresh air. Even if you do an activity outdoors that does not require physical exertion, fresh air is definitely a benefit. For instance, when you go on a picnic somewhere quiet in the countryside, you can come back feeling refreshed because you spent time in the open air. Your spiritual health is also improved by spending time with nature. It is very important for people to take time to get in touch with nature. By spending time hiking or sitting somewhere quiet in the countryside, people are able to calm down and release all the stress built up from hectic living.
* health benefit = °Ç°­ ÇýÅÃ, °Ç°­»óÀÇ ÀÌÁ¡ / fresh air = ½Å¼±ÇÑ °ø±â / physical exertion = °Ý·ÄÇÑ ½Åü ¿îµ¿, È°µ¿ / definitely = ¸íÈ®È÷, È®½ÇÈ÷ / go on a picnic = ¼Òdz°¡´Ù / countryside = Áö¹æ, ½Ã°ñ / spiritual = ¿µÈ¥ÀÇ, Á¤½ÅÀûÀÎ / release the stress = ½ºÆ®·¹½º¸¦ ÇؼÒÇÏ´Ù / hectic = ¸÷½Ã ¹Ù»Û, Á¤½Å¾ø´Â

To sum up, there are certainly fun things to do indoors, but the indoor activities should be limited and become second only to spending time indoors. Spending time outdoors is more fun and greatly benefits your health physically, mentally and spiritually. If you do not have such exciting experiences in your spare time, you may lose something valuable in your life.
* indoor = ½Ç³»ÀÇ / mentally = Á¤½ÅÀûÀ¸·Î  / spare time = ¿©°¡½Ã°£ / valuable = ±ÍÁßÇÑ, ¼ÒÁßÇÑ