Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-154) Which way do you prefer to complain: in writing vs. in person?
¶ö¶ó  |  12-08-03 16:47

When people need to complain about a product or poor service, some prefer to complain in writing and others prefer to complain in person. Which way do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

It is unfortunate, but sometimes we have to complain about a product or poor service. There are two main ways people do this. Some prefer to send a complaint in writing while others prefer to complain in person. Although complaining is never fun, I would rather do it in person. My reasons for this are that I can get quicker service and state my reasons for complaining more clearly in person.
* unfortunate = ºÒ¿îÇÑ / complain = ºÒÆòÇÏ´Ù / poor = ÁÁÁö ¸øÇÑ, ÇüÆí¾ø´Â / in person = Á÷Á¢, Ä£È÷ / state = ¸»ÇÏ´Ù, Áø¼úÇÏ´Ù / clearly = ºÐ¸íÈ÷, ¶Ç·ÇÇÏ°Ô

First of all, someone with a complaint can usually get faster service in person than through a letter. When you write a letter, the people at the business may delay in opening and reading the letter. However, if you go down to the place of business, they are forced to deal with your problem at that very moment. Last year I was having trouble with a pizza restaurant because they kept sending me the wrong kind of pizza. I sent them an E-mail complaining about the constant mix-ups, but I received no communication back. Eventually, I went down to the restaurant and spoke to the manager face-to-face. He was very apologetic and I have not had a problem since then. By facing them directly, the people at the business are forced to handle the problem, and it can be resolved more quickly.
*  write a letter = ÆíÁö¸¦ ¾²´Ù, ¼­½ÅÀ» º¸³»´Ù / delay = ¹Ì·ç´Ù, ¿¬±âÇÏ´Ù / be forced to = ~Çϵµ·Ï °­¿ä ¹Þ´Ù / deal with = ´Ù·ç´Ù, ó¸®ÇÏ´Ù / at that very moment = ±× Âû³ª¿¡, ¹Ù·Î ±× ¼ø°£¿¡ / have trouble with = ~·Î °í»ýÇÏ´Ù / constant = Áö¼ÓÀûÀÎ, °ÅµìµÇ´Â / mix-up = (½Ç¼ö·Î ÀÎÇÑ)È¥µ¿ / face-to-face = ¸¶ÁÖº¸´Â, ´ë¸éÇÏ´Â / apologetic = ¹Ì¾ÈÇØÇÏ´Â, »ç°úÇÏ´Â / since then = ±× ÀÌÈÄ¿¡, ±× ¶§ºÎÅÍ / by v-ing = ~ÇÔÀ¸·Î½á / face = ¸¶ÁÖÇÏ´Ù, Á÷¸éÇÏ´Ù / directly = Á÷Á¢ÀûÀ¸·Î / handle = ´Ù·ç´Ù, ó¸®ÇÏ´Ù / resolve = ÇØ°áÇÏ´Ù  

What is more, when you complain in person, you can explain yourself more clearly. If you send a letter, there is a chance that your problem will not be understood clearly for a variety of reasons. Maybe the company will not bother to read your letter all the way through or perhaps your writing skills are not sufficient to explain the problem in detail. However, if you go to the place of the business and explain what the problem is, they will have to listen to your complaint from beginning to end. If they did not understand your problem, you will also have the opportunity to make yourself understood. By going there in person, you will probably get the results that you are looking for, compared to what you get by writing a letter.
* what is more = °Ô´Ù°¡ / chance = °¡´É¼º / a variety of = ¿©·¯°¡ÁöÀÇ / bother = ½Å°æ¾²´Ù, ¾Ö¸¦ ¾²´Ù / all the way through = ³»³», ÁÙ°ð, ½ÃÁ¾ÀÏ°ü / sufficient = ÃæºÐÇÑ / in detail = »ó¼¼ÇÏ°Ô, ³¹³¹ÀÌ / from beginning to end = óÀ½ºÎÅÍ ³¡±îÁö / opportunity = ±âȸ / look for = ¹Ù¶ó´Ù, ±â´ëÇÏ´Ù / compared to = ~¿Í ºñ±³ÇÏ¿©    

In a perfect world, we would not have to think about how to deal with faulty products or poor service, but the reality is that we all encounter these things once in a while. When it happens, it is better to complain in person in order to get quicker service and to be able to explain your complaint properly.
* faulty = Èì, °áÇÔÀÌ ÀÖ´Â, ºÒ¿ÏÀüÇÑ / encounter = ¸Â´Ú¶ß¸®´Ù, ºÎµúÈ÷´Ù /  once in a while = ¶§·Î´Â, °¡²û / properly = ÀûÀýÇÏ°Ô