Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Essay/¿µÀÛ] (T-171) Which do you prefer: study alone vs. with a group
¶ö¶ó  |  12-08-20 14:34

Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

One thing that all students have in common is that they need to study in order to pass their courses. However, they have different styles of doing so. Some students prefer to study alone while others prefer to study in a group. If given the choice, I would recommend other students to study in groups based on my experience. This is because students can save time by studying together, and keep focusing on what they need to do.
* have in common = °øÅëÀûÀ¸·Î Áö´Ï´Ù / recommend = ÃßõÇÏ´Ù / save = Àý¾àÇÏ´Ù / keep ~ing = °è¼Ó ~ÇÏ´Ù, Áö¼ÓÇÏ´Ù / focus on = ~¿¡ ÁýÁßÇÏ´Ù

The first advantage to studying in a group is that students are able to save time. When students study alone, they must go through the long process of gathering all the information that they need in order to study successfully. However, when a group of students are studying together, they can be responsible for supplying certain segments of the material that the group requires in common. I remember studying in a group for a world history course. Gathering all of the material for the final exam is a huge job and takes days. However, as a group we each took a particular period of time to study and supplied the material to the other members of the group. This saved us a lot of time needed to actually go over and remember the material. Working together, we were all able to benefit.
* go through = °Þ´Ù / process = °úÁ¤, ÀýÂ÷ / gather information = Á¤º¸¸¦ ¸ðÀ¸´Ù / in order to = ~Çϱâ À§Çؼ­ / be responsible for = ~¿¡ Ã¥ÀÓÀÌ ÀÖ´Ù / supply = °ø±ÞÇÏ´Ù, Á¦°øÇÏ´Ù / segment = ºÎºÐ / world history = ¼¼°è»ç / material = Àç·á, ÀÚ·á / final exam = ±â¸» ½ÃÇè / particular = ƯÁ¤ÇÑ, Ưº°ÇÑ / go over = Á¡°ËÇÏ´Ù, º¹½ÀÇÏ´Ù, °ËÅäÇÏ´Ù 

Besides, studying in a group allows students to continue concentrating on their studies. Keeping your mind on what you are studying is another challenge when studying alone. On the other hand, when you are studying with other students keep each other concentrating on what needs to be done. When I study alone, especially a subject I disliked, I could not concentrate on my study. Because my mind wandered easily, I ended up watching TV or calling my friends on the phone. However, you will not be asked to join in the group. Studying in a group requires and develops discipline which is always beneficial for functioning in a school or work environment.
* besides = °Ô´Ù°¡ / keep one's mind on = ~¿¡ Àü³äÇÏ´Ù, ¸ôµÎÇÏ´Ù; ²÷ÀÓ¾øÀÌ ¸¶À½À» ¾²´Ù / challenge = µµÀü / subject = °ú¸ñ, ÁÖÁ¦ / concentrate on = ¸ôµÎÇÏ´Ù, ÁýÁßÇÏ´Ù / wander = ´Ù¸¥µ¥·Î È帣´Ù, »ê¸¸ÇØÁö´Ù; µ¹¾Æ´Ù´Ï´Ù, °Å´Ò´Ù / ended up ~ing = °á±¹ ~ÇÏ°Ô µÇ´Ù, ~·Î ³¡³»´Ù / discipline = ±ÔÀ², ÀýÁ¦·Â / work environment = ÀÛ¾÷ȯ°æ

Typically, students do not enjoy studying. However, students can study successfully if they do it in a group. Studying in a group is more efficient because it helps saves time in the gathering of materials, and it also keeps you focusing on the task at hand. I strongly recommend this method for success in academic endeavors.
* typically = º¸Åë, ÀϹÝÀûÀ¸·Î / successfully = ¼º°øÀûÀ¸·Î / task = ÀÏ, °ú¾÷, °úÁ¦ / endeavor = ³ë·Â, ½Ãµµ