Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Food Safety
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  17-05-01 00:54

Food safety seems to be a big issue nowadays. I can¡¯t remember it being such a big problem years ago. With today¡¯s technology, it shouldn¡¯t be a problem. But it is. In fact, there are many problems. In my country, GM food is a big issue. People do not want to eat food that is genetically modified. They say it is unsafe. I know in America GM food is everywhere. Another issue with food safety is food imports. A lot of imported food has made people ill. Our government bans a lot of food from certain countries. This is a good idea. A concern in my country is with chickens and cows. We have bird flu and mad cow disease. It might be better to be vegetarian.
* food safety = ½ÄÇ° ¾ÈÀü/ nowadays = ¿äÁò¿¡´Â/ GM(genetically modified) Food = À¯ÀüÀÚ Á¶ÀÛ ½ÄÇ°/ food imports = ¼öÀÔ ½ÄÇ°(µé)/ imported food = ¼öÀÔ ½ÄÇ°/ ban = ±ÝÇÏ´Ù/ concern = ¿ì·Á[°ÆÁ¤]/ bird flu = Á¶·ù µ¶°¨/ mad cow disease = ±¤¿ìº´/ vegetarian = ä½ÄÁÖÀÇÀÚ

* Áú¹® *

1. What food safety issues do hear or read about in the news?
2. Do you think food is becoming more or less safe to eat?
3. Are you concerned about where the food you eat comes from?
4. Do you worry about chickens with flu, mad cows or polluted fish?
5. Do you think it is safer to eat out or at home?
6. How safe do you think fast food is?
7. Is there any food that scientists have not warned us against?
8. Do you think restaurant staff always wash their hands and chopping boards?
9. Do you ever eat food that has gone past the eat-by / expiry date?
10. Have you ever had food poisoning?
11. Food safety in China is often in the news. Is this a concern for you?
12. How safe is safe? Do you think we worry too much?
13. Do you think genetically modified food is 100% safe to eat?
14. Are you happy with the quality of the water that comes out of your taps?
15. How sure are you your government is in control of the quality of food for sale in your supermarkets?