Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Hip-Hop
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-09-03 10:32

I don¡¯t understand hip-hop. I think it¡¯s an age thing. Hip-hop came along just as I stopped buying music and going to clubs. I really don¡¯t understand it. Most of my friends aren¡¯t into it either. My sons are. They love it. They¡¯re into the fashion and the music. They never seem to stop dancing to it. When I went to America, I took them to an exhibition on hip-hop. It¡¯s an important part of America¡¯s culture now. It¡¯s also a unique aspect of America¡¯s cultural history. Many people thought hip-hop was a passing fashion; that something would replace it. The truth is quite different. Hip-hop has almost become mainstream. You know when that happens because everyone else in the world tries to copy it. Hip-hop is huge all over the world.
* thing = °Í(¾î¶² °¨Á¤°ú ÇÔ²² »ç¶÷, µ¿¹°À» °¡¸®Å³ ¶§)/ come along = µµÂøÇÏ´Ù; »ý±â´Ù[³ªÅ¸³ª´Ù]/ be into ~ = ~¿¡[À»] °ü½ÉÀÌ ¸¹´Ù[ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ´Ù]/ dance to ~ = ~¿¡ ¸ÂÃß¾î ÃãÃß´Ù/ exhibition(= exhibit) = Àü½Ãȸ/ unique = µ¶Æ¯ÇÑ/ aspect = Ãø¸é; ¾ç»ó/ passing fashion = Áö³ª°¡´Â À¯Çà/ mainstream = (»ç»ó°ßÇØ µîÀÇ) ÁÖ·ù[´ë¼¼]/ huge = Å©°Ô[¾öû] ¼º°øÇÑ; °Å´ëÇÑ, ¸·´ëÇÑ/ all over the world = ¼¼°è µµÃ³¿¡

* Áú¹® *

01. What do you think of hip hop?
02. Is American hip hop the best?
03. What makes hip hop so popular?
04. Who are the biggest hip hop stars?
05. What do your parents think of hip hop?
06. What are your favorite hip hop songs?
07. Do you think hip hop is replacing rock music?
08. What do you know about the history of hip hop?
09. Why does hip hop sometimes have a negative image?
10. What are the differences between hip hop and rap?
11. What images come to mind when you hear the word ¡®hip hop¡¯?
12. Do you understand why some people think hip hop isn¡¯t music?
13. Who¡¯s best – Eminem or 50 Cent, Beyonce Knowles or Missy Elliot?
14. Do you think hip hop music gives a voice to people who follow it?