Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) History
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-12-11 08:31

My favorite subject at school was history. I don¡¯t know why. I loved reading the stories about famous people and famous events. When I was little, history was just stories. As I got older, I realized history is the study of how we got here today. It¡¯s a long journey that describes all the wars, great people, inventions, disasters, etc that have brought us to this point in time. I now love any kind of history. It¡¯s fascinating to visit a new country and learn about its history. Watching the news today is like seeing history unfold. Lots of the things I learnt at school now make the news more interesting. History provides us with the perfect background information to a news story.
* favorite = ¸¶À½¿¡ µå´Â, ¸Å¿ì ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ´Â/ famous = À¯¸íÇÑ/ realize = ±ú´Ý´Ù, ¾Ë¾ÆÂ÷¸®´Ù, ÀνÄ[ÀÚ°¢]ÇÏ´Ù/ journey = (ƯÈ÷ ¸Ö¸® °¡´Â) ¿©Çà[¿©Á¤/À̵¿]/ disaster = Âü»ç, Àç³­, ÀçÇØ/ (at) this point in time = Çö ½ÃÁ¡¿¡¼­´Â, ÇöÀç´Â/ fascinating = ´ë´ÜÈ÷ Èï¹Ì·Î¿î, ¸Å·ÂÀûÀÎ/ unfold = (¾î¶² ³»¿ëÀÌ ¼­¼­È÷) ÆîÃÄÁö´Ù[¹àÇôÁö´Ù]; ÆîÄ¡´Ù, ¹àÈ÷´Ù/ provide = Á¦°ø[°ø±Þ]ÇÏ´Ù, ÁÖ´Ù 

* Áú¹® *

01. Is history important to you?
02. Why do people like history?
03. Do you think history repeats itself?
04. Did you like studying history at school?
05. What period of history interests you most?
06. What do you know about your family history?
07. Do you think history comes back to haunt us?
08. Does your country have a proud or violent history?
09. What do you think of the overall history of your country?
10. What period of history would you like to go back and live in?
11. Napoleon Bonaparte said ¡°History is a set of lies agreed upon¡±. Do you agree with this?
12. How would the world change if schools stopped teaching history to children and 
all history books were destroyed?
13. Sir Winston Churchill said: ¡°Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.¡± 
Do you agree with him?
14. ¡°Half of writing history is hiding the truth.¡± What do you think of this quote in relation to 
what was in your school history books?
15. In his book 1984, George Orwell says: ¡°He who controls the past, controls the future; and 
he who controls the present, controls the past.¡± Do you agree? Does this apply to countries today?