Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Gold
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-02-27 11:07

I don¡¯t understand the fascination with gold. (It¡¯s just a soft metal.) It isn¡¯t even the most valuable metal. It¡¯s interesting how almost every culture in the world loves gold. Indians spend a fortune on it. When their children get married they give gold bracelets and rings as gifts. Most of the world¡¯s wedding rings are gold. I know different countries prefer different types of gold. In Thailand, only 24 carat is good enough, but in England, people buy a lot of 9-carat gold. It seems like we have always loved gold. Think how many stories there are from hundreds of years ago about gold treasure. In fact, if you go back further, Egyptian kings and queens had lots of gold. I¡¯ll never forget Tutankhamen¡¯s mask. The gold in that was really golden.
* fascination (for/with ~) = ¸ÅȤ, ¸Å·áµÊ/ soft metal = ¿¬Áú(æãòõ) ±Ý¼Ó/ valuable = ¼ÒÁßÇÑ, ±ÍÁßÇÑ; °¡Ä¡°¡ Å«, °ªºñ½Ñ/ spend a fortune on ~ = ~¿¡ °Å±ÝÀ» ¾²´Ù/ bracelet = ÆÈÂî/ prefer = (´Ù¸¥ °Íº¸´Ù) ~À» (´õ) ÁÁ¾ÆÇÏ´Ù, ¼±È£ÇÏ´Ù/ treasure = º¸¹°, º¸¹° °°Àº °Í/ golden = È²±ÝºûÀÇ; Ưº°ÇÑ, ¼ÒÁßÇÑ; ¸ÚÁø; ±ÝÀ¸·Î ¸¸µç 

* Áú¹® * 

01. Where does gold come from?
02. What do you own that is made of gold?
03. What do you know about the gold carat system?
04. What makes the metal so special and sought after?
05. Do you have a lot of gold jewelry (USA) / jewellery (UK)?
06. Do you like wearing lots of gold jewelry (USA) / jewellery (UK)?
07. Does gold have a special place in your country¡¯s culture or customs?
08. What would you do with a gold ingot if you won one in a competition?
09. What does ¡®gold plated¡¯ mean and why are some things plated with gold?
10. Would you consider buying gold as an investment instead of things like shares or property?