Headlines Speaking
Debate/Åä·Ð Essay/¿µÀÛ
Àΰ­°úÁ¤ Misc
ÀÚ·á½Ç
WTS ½ÃÇ躸±â
[Debate/Åä·Ð] (Q&A) Holidays
ÃÖ°í°ü¸®ÀÚ  |  19-12-30 10:26

I love holidays. They are the best thing in the world. The only problem is they are always too short. Even summer holidays at school aren¡¯t long enough. I recently had an eight-week holiday and it flew by. It seems as though time goes quickly when we are on holiday, and slowly when we are at school or work. I always really look forward to holidays – even one-day holidays are great. I live in a country that has many national holidays, so there¡¯s always a break around the corner. I feel sorry for some workers who only get two or three weeks holiday a year. They can¡¯t do anything or go anywhere. I love holidays even if I don¡¯t go away. Staying at home is just as good as going on holiday somewhere. Sometimes going on holiday is stressful.
* recently = ÃÖ±Ù¿¡/ fly by = ±Ý¹æ (½Ã°£ÀÌ)°¡´Ù/ it seems as though ~ = ~ó·³ º¸ÀδÙ/ go[be] on holiday = ÈÞ°¡¸¦ °¡´Ù[ÈÞ°¡Áß¿¡]/ look forward to ~ = ~À» (Áñ°Å¿î ¸¶À½À¸·Î) ±â´Ù¸®´Ù[°í´ëÇÏ´Ù]/ national holiday = ±¹°æÀÏ/ around the corner = ¾ÆÁÖ °¡±î¿î, ¸ñÀü¿¡/ go away = (ƯÈ÷ ÈÞ°¡¸¦ ¸Â¾Æ) ÁýÀ» ¶°³ª´Ù[¾îµð¸¦ °¡´Ù]  

* Áú¹® *

01. What holidays do you celebrate? 
02. What holidays do you really look forward to?
03. Do you think holidays are too commercialized?
04. Do you put on weight during certain holidays?
05. What do you think is the most overrated holiday?
06. Is it better to stay at home on holidays or go somewhere?
07. What¡¯s it like moving around your country during holiday time?
08. Do you like what¡¯s on TV during holiday times in your country?
09. What would happen if no one in your country worked during a 3-day holiday?
10. Are there enough holidays in your country for which workers get the day or days off?
11. Are there holidays in other countries or religions that you wish were also celebrated in your country?
12. Are there any special occasions or anniversaries you think deserve to be a public holiday but are not?
13. What are the pros and cons of spending holidays with your family, with your friends, or alone?
14. Are there holidays in you country that have come from other countries (Valentine¡¯s, Halloween¡¦)?